Posts for tag: restorative dentistry
How a dental implant from your dentist in Naples can help you smile again
If you have a gap in your smile, chances are you are self-conscious about it. You are worried people notice the gap instead of your smile. It’s time to get your confidence back by closing the gap with a dental implant! Dr. JW Valentine at Eagle Creek Dentistry in Naples, FL wants to share how a dental implant can help you want to smile again.
You may have experienced tooth loss or have a gap between your teeth from genetics. Whatever the reason for your gap, a dental implant can give you a full smile again. You may have thought about a dental bridge, a partial, or even a denture if you are missing multiple teeth. There are many reasons why a dental implant is a better choice. Consider that a dental implant is:
- Completely natural looking, because the dental implant crown is made of high-grade dental ceramic that reflects light, just like natural tooth structure
- Fully embedded in bone, so it won’t move around when you eat or speak, unlike dental appliances
- Easy to keep healthy, because you brush and floss an implant just like your natural teeth; there is no need for cumbersome flossing tools or soaking like you would with bridges and dental appliances
- Conservative, because only the implant area is prepared; with bridgework, the teeth on either side of the space need to be restored to support the bridge
If you want to close a gap in your smile, there is no better choice than a dental implant because a dental implant is the most successful surgical implant. Dental implants boast a success rate of over a 95%, according to the American Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
For more detailed information about dental implant treatment, please visit the Dental Implants page on the Eagle Creek Dentistry website at http://www.jwvalentinedmd.com/dental-implants.html
You deserve a complete smile without the gaps, so it’s time for you to investigate dental implants. Pick up the phone and call Dr. Valentine at Eagle Creek Dentistry in Naples, FL today!
Is your smile missing teeth? Dental implants will do you and your smile a world of good. Dr. JW Valentine of Eagle Creek Dentistry, which is located in Naples, FL, offers state-of-the-art dental implants to his patients. Here are some reasons not to delay getting dental implants.
1. Improve Your Smile- Missing teeth can ruin a nice smile and make you look old before your time. Dental implants are the next best thing to natural, healthy teeth. Dental implants will fill in the gaps in your smile, improve your appearance, and make you look years younger. Who doesn't want to look better- or younger?
2. Improved Chewing Ability- If you have missing teeth, you may find it difficult to eat certain foods. People who are missing teeth usually eat more soft foods due to discomfort and an inability to chew properly. Dental implants will restore your ability to chew food. With dental implants, you will be able to eat the foods you have avoided in the past.
3. Improve Your Speech- The absence of teeth can make it difficult for people to pronounce certain words. A denture can slip around the mouth, causing a person to slur or mumble their words. Dental implants can improve your speech. With dental implants, you will feel more confident when you speak with others.
4. Prevent Dental Problems- Missing teeth can cause a host of oral health problems, including teeth shifting and jawbone loss. Tooth loss causes the remaining teeth to shift at an accelerated rate. Dental implants can prevent the existing teeth from drifting out of place. Dental implants also help to stimulate bone growth and prevent bone loss. Jawbone is preserved through the pressure and stimulus of chewing.
5. Strength and Durability- Dental implants are strong and durable and will last many years. Because the dental implants are secured within the jawbone, the replacement teeth feel and function just like your natural teeth. While your dental implants may need to be adjusted by your Naples, FL, dentist from time to time, they can last a lifetime when properly cared for.
You don't have to go through life with missing teeth. Call Eagle Creek Dentistry at 239-417-6453 today to schedule a consultation in Naples, FL. Dental implants have helped millions of people enhance their smiles, boosting their self-confidence and improving their lives. And they will do the same for you.
Learn about dental implants from your Naples dentist.
One or more missing teeth can take away from the smile that's really you and it can have many negative effects on your oral health. Dr. JW Valentine at Eagle Creek Dentistry, which is located in Naples, FL, offers state-of-the-art dental implants to his patients. Read on to find out how dental implants can improve your smile.
Beautify Your Smile
Missing teeth makes people appear older than they really are. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself. Dental implants look like your own teeth. Remember, it's never too late to beautify your smile.
Help You Chew Food
For anyone who has missing teeth, eating certain foods can present a challenge. Dental implants function like your natural teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods without pain and with confidence.
Improve Your Speech
Dental implants can improve your clarity of speech. With a denture, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to slur your words. Implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
Prevent Shifting of Teeth
Once a tooth is lost, the adjacent teeth start to shift at an accelerated rate. It can be frightening and disheartening for people with missing teeth see their teeth shifting. Dental implants will prevent your remaining teeth from shifting and keep your smile healthy.
Prevent Bone Loss
When you lose one or more teeth, the jawbone begins to shrink because it is no longer stimulated by your tooth roots. Implants are the only tooth replacement option that prevent bone loss and stimulate bone growth.
Ready to make a change in your life? If you want a healthy, beautiful smile, this is your chance! Say yes to dental implants! Call Eagle Creek Dentistry at (239) 417-6453 to schedule a consultation in Naples, FL. Dental implants won't just improve your smile; they will also change your life for the better!
Not sure whether your smile could benefit from what these restorations have to offer?
What you eat matters to your smile. While you know that eating too much sugar can be harmful to your teeth, did you also know that eating too many hard candies can also lead to a dental emergency like a broken or damaged tooth? Of course, there are other situations like infections and trauma that can lead to damaged, weak or even knocked-out teeth that our Naples, FL dentist, Dr. JW Valentine, can restore, but have you considered crowns and bridges as any of your restorative options?
All of your teeth are crucial for a healthy mouth and to maintain proper alignment. Unfortunately, tooth loss can happen to anyone. And if it has happened to you then replacing your teeth is vitally important in order to maintain proper function. Fortunately, a dental bridge could be the best way to replace one or more missing teeth.
A dental bridge contains artificial teeth and can be removable or fixed in place. Fixed bridges use dental crowns on two surrounding healthy teeth to help support the false teeth in the middle. Sometimes the artificial teeth will be bonding right to the dental crowns. If you get removable bridges, on the other hand, they will be supported and held in place by metal clasps.
Getting a dental bridge is important if you have missing teeth because it doesn’t just prevent the rest of your teeth from shifting out of alignment but it also provides support for your lips and cheeks. If you’ve lost a molar or back tooth, this can cause the mouth to sink and affect your facial structure. To prevent these changes, a dental bridge can be put in place by our Naples general dentist to provide the support your mouth needs to function properly.
While dental crowns are used to support a bridge they can also be used on their own to cover and strengthen a tooth that is weak or damaged. If you’ve had extensive decay that a filling can’t support, if you’ve had to get a root canal to remove an infected dental pulp or even if you have a tooth that has severe imperfections, getting a dental crown could improve the appearance and health of your damaged smile.
Do you need to get a dental crown or bridge in Naples, FL? If so, why not turn to the dental experts at Eagle Creek Dentistry, who can give you a realistic and beautiful restoration? Call us today!